Monday 6 August 2012

Everything is Better with Roses! and H&M Haul!

Remember a while back when I had made that review on Wild Orchid Crafts? Well I had basically put some of the flowers in action with two of my mirrors. Not sure what I'm talking about? Well let me elaborate...

Previously, my mirrors were still just mirrors. Plain old mirrors that you could find just about anywhere in any general store, even though one of the mirrors was given to me as a gift. Eventually, I started up a major project to have my room completely renovated to match my Hime tastes, and in turn deco-ed two of my existing mirrors, as shown here and here. At the time, I did not really have a lot of roses on me and I did not have much luck trying to find regular fabric roses or even foam roses! I did not know how you all did it, since I had already seen a couple of tutorials incorporating rose heads. So for the sake of this blog, I am just going to assume that you all had (have) better luck than I do. Due to the lack of roses therefore, I do not have much artistic liberty when it comes to decorating the mirrors.

This is where the WOC review comes in. Luck turned my way once I had discovered the website and ever since, had basically gone crazy with the things. I had been crazily gluing roses onto everything that I can set my eyes on and the mirrors are no exception. Here are the before and after shots of each mirror, and the detail shots.

Before and After (Desk mirror)

 
Details

 


Before and After (Full length mirror)

 Can you play "spot the difference"?

Details

  NOTE: First five pictures are details from before, next couple are details from after

 

What do you think? I think the roses had greatly improved the look of both mirrors, especially with the blue one. I thought it was too plain with only the blue butterflies and lace. 
On another note, I had made a small purchase at my local H&M after watching the Dark Knight Rises! By the way, it is a very good movie and definitely something movie-goers should check out if they had already checked out Dark Knight!

Anyway, H&M had a few pink tops on clearance for $5 and after trying the bigger size on and finding out that it fitted perfectly, I just HAD to get one! It is in the shade of pink that I love too and has a lot of Hime deco potential! 


12 comments:

  1. Love this mirror's, especially blue one, very Princess like. I must one day decorate my mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should! ^^ If you decided to get around to it, post it! I want to see how it looks.

      Delete
  2. Those are gorgeous! You're great at decorating stuff ^^

    H&M is one of my favorite places to shop too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh those are so pretty O-O; It's very princessy!! I can't wait to see your future deco projects ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! <3 I won't disappoint! There will be more coming up!

      Delete
  4. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa sooo cutee and princess like <3
    i want to decorate my mirrors like that too xD but i dont think it will stick or last long o__o"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Well as long as you take good care of them, the decorations should last for a while! <3 If you decide to give it a try, let me know or post it on your blog! I would love to see the results! ^^

      Delete
  5. The mirrors are so cute! :) They look a little like something from a Jesus Diamanté store!
    Happy crafting,
    Sarafina <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the only words that I have anytime I come on your blog are cute, adorable and lovely. I so wanna try this, just got a big mirror that really needs to be embellished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! <3 :) Don't be shy when it comes to deco! Share the deco fun! I personally enjoy it when I see other people also deco-ing their stuff! ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...